The AKO Caine Prize 2022 for African Writing: AKO Caine Prize for African Writing is an annual short story prize. It is a short story award. Prize is awarded to the best short story written by an African writer who has published it in English regardless of whether they live in Africa or anywhere else.
The winner will be awarded an amount of cash equivalent to PS10,000. The four other shortlisted writers will be awarded PS500 each.
Ako Caine Prize 2021 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- The story must have been published in the five years preceding the submissions deadline. For 2022 eligibility, the judges will only consider work published after 31st January 2017
- Stories less than 3,000 words or exceeding 10,000 words are not eligible for the Prize.
- Short stories must be submitted by a publisher – including publishers of physical and digital literary journals or magazines. Self-published and unpublished works are not eligible.
- Publishers must obtain consent from the writer(s) before submitting their stories for the Prize.
- Stories submitted for the Prize must have been published in English. Translated stories are eligible, provided that an English translation has been published.
- Stories that have been previously submitted for the Caine Prize are not eligible.
- Genres not eligible for entry include stories for children, factual writing, plays and autobiography/biography.
- Submissions must specify which African country the author comes from and the word count.
- Publishers are encouraged to submit multiple short stories as long as they do not submit more than one story by the same author.
ALSO READ: Home Depot Health check
Winner receives a cash prize of £10,000
Four shortlisted writers receive a cash prize of £500 each
Opportunity to participate in interviews, panel discussions and readings with a global audience
Opportunity to participate in the Prize’s various programmes
- Each story must be submitted by the publisher via the entry form on our website.
- The submission form will become available here when the submissions window opens in December 2021
How to Apply for Eni Scholarships 2022
In order to be considered for the scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Apply online to the University of Oxford for one of the eligible courses listed above. You must submit your application for graduate study to the University by the January deadline (7th or 21st January 2022 depending on the program applied to – check the University’s guidance on application deadlines) and you must have secured a place on your chosen program of study by the final completion date (1st March 2022). It would help if you select St Antony’s College in the college choice section of the application form, though this is not compulsory.
- Once you have applied to the University, please complete the online Eni Scholarship application form. The deadline for submission of the form is 5pm, UK time, on 1st March 2022.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact via email at email@example.com.
For More Information: