International students are encouraged to apply for the Australian Government RTP Scholarship. This scholarship will allow them to study at University of Sydney – Australia. There are three rounds of scholarships that are available each year. Applications for Australian Government RTP Postgraduate Research Scholarships are welcome at the University of Sydney
The Research Training Program (RTP), which is funded by the Australian government, provides scholarships that offset tuition fees and provide living-costs support to international postgraduate students. Its value can be as high as $124,000
About Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS)
Block grants of up to $20,000 are available to HEPs for research doctorate and masters students. RTP’s objectives are to: Provide flexible funding arrangements to support domestic students and foreign students undertaking HDRs in Australia HEPs. Develop graduates with the skills necessary to build careers as researchers and other sectors of society. Support collaboration between HEPs and industry.
Australian Government Research Training Program
- Type => Postgraduate
- Organisation => Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS)
- Country to study => Australia
- School to study => University of Sydney
- Course to study => Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender => Men and Women
- Application Deadline=> Not Specified
Aim and Benefits of Australian Government Research Training Program
The RTP scholarships are valued at $35,629 per annum. The RTP International Scholarship assists with OSHC, tuition fees and living costs.
Requirements for Australian Government Research Training Program Qualification
- International postgraduate student enrolled in or starting research
- Outstanding academic record and outstanding research potential
- Be offered unconditional admission.
Notice: Research Training Program Scholarships are available to first-time PhD applicants only.
How to Apply
- RTP stipend scholarships are awarded in November, February and June. Therefore, you must submit all required documentations for your admission application, and Research Experience evidence (if applicable) to be considered in the relevant award timelines.
- Current students can apply here.
- Commencing students should select the check box to be considered for research scholarships when completing the admission application for your postgraduate research degree.
- Document requirements: Please refer here to the documents for applicants for details of selection criteria, process, and additional documentation required if applicable.
For more details, click here