Swedish Institute Scholarships 2022 for global professionals: It is the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) is the new scholarship scheme that will replace SSISS. Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS) offers scholarships to students in a variety of master’s programs that are offered at Swedish Universities in the Autumn semester 2022.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future leaders who will help implement the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and help contribute to an environmentally sustainable and positive development in their own countries and in the region.
Swedish Higher Education Institutions and Swedish Universities
Level/Field(s) of study
You’ll find the list of eligible master programmes for the SISGP call for application academic year 2022/2023 here.
Number/Countries of Scholarships
An estimated 350 scholarships will be available in 2022.
Students from the following 42 countries: Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Russian Federation; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Turkey; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Scholarship value and duration
The scholarship will cover all costs for tuition and costs for living, which are SEK 10,000 per month. insurance and a once-off travel grant in the amount of SEK 10,000 to 15,000 (only for those who have the scholarship within Sweden).
The scholarship is designed to be awarded for full-time two-year or one-year master’s degrees, and it will only be awarded to programs beginning in the fall semester.
There aren’t any other scholarships for families. This also doesn’t pay for the cost of applying to universities. Admissions
To be eligible for SISGP:
• You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships (see above).
• You must have had at least 3,000 hours of work experience prior to 10 February 2022 from a maximum of three organisations/companies.
• You must apply for a Master’s programme eligible for SI scholarships (see above). The university gives priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
• You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
• You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by the 7 of April 2022.
There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more. Read the complete eligibility criteria at the official website.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, by 17 January 2022. Once you have submitted your application for master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals.
- After you have completed your application to a master’s programme, you can apply for an SI scholarship. You must submit the required documents digitally through the online application portal from 10 February 00:01 until 28 February 2022 14:59 CET.
It is important to visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://si.se/en/apply/scholarships/swedish-institute-scholarships-for-global-professionals/