Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022: The scholarship provides an exceptional opportunity to earn two years of a Master’s degree in a middle- or low-income country within the Commonwealth.
The scholarships are aimed at students who are dedicated to making a difference within their communities These scholarships provide an opportunity to live a lifetime experience, discover an entirely new culture and country as well as broaden your horizons. create a global network that lasts for a lifetime.
Through exchanges of culture and collaboration in the academic field Through collaboration in academics and cultural exchange, Through academic collaboration and cultural exchange, Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring positive change and provide solutions to the common issues we face in their own countries as well as the countries that host them. As a part in the Commonwealth network, the scholars will influence the future of the Commonwealth network.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Partner Institutions
- University of the South Pacific, Fiji
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- North-West University, South Africa
- Rhodes University, South Africa
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- University of Pretoria (UP), South Africa
- University of Venda, South Africa
- University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Eligibility
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
- The QECS awards are only hosted by low and middle income countries. Therefore these awards will not be hosted in Canada, the UK or Australia.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Benefits
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Selection Criteria
The selection committee assesses applications using four key criteria:
- Academic history/references
- Plan of Study
- Development Impact and Post Study Outreach
- Creating Networks
How to Apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Before submitting an application, review the available courses and entry requirements – in addition to the application guidance. Select a course that is offered at the university you select at the start of the form for your application to be counted.
To apply for a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship, you must first create a MyACU account. This will enable you to save a draft application and to log back in to see the status of your application once it is submitted.